Sometimes, we take our bodies for granted and feed them with anything available. If we knew the complicated and fascinating inner workings that go into them, we would treat our bodies with more respect. Your eye is the second-most complex organ after the brain; it requires a lot of attention and protection because it is very delicate.
Virtually every organ in your body is connected, so it’s no wonder that healthy vision and a well-functioning brain strongly correlate with a healthy gut. The root cause of most stomach problems is an imbalance in the number of beneficial microorganisms in the gut. These stomach problems, such as bloating and constipation, can trigger inflammation in your body, which can negatively impact your eyes.
HOW STOMACH ISSUES AFFECT YOUR EYES
This can occur in several ways:
- Vision problems: Chronic inflammation of the body starting from the stomach can contribute to the development of some eye conditions like glaucoma and macular degeneration.
- Eye infections: Imbalances in your gut bacteria can weaken the immune system, increasing susceptibility to eye infections like conjunctivitis, uveitis, etc.
- Dry eyes: Inflammation caused by digestive problems can lead to dry eyes characterized by a lack of tear production. Sometimes, dry eyes can cause the production of a lot of tears. This confusing condition called reflex tearing occurs because the lack of moisture irritates your eyes. So tears are produced, but not in a quantity large enough to coat your eyes.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): This condition, commonly known as acid reflux, is not something you would normally associate with the eyes. Although not everyone with acid reflux develops eye issues, some do. This is because sometimes GERD can lead to inflammation of the sinuses, which can cause symptoms such as headaches, coughing, red and irritated eyes, and swelling of the eyelids.
TIPS TO MAINTAIN OPTIMAL EYE HEALTH
It is vital to address underlying digestive issues to maintain the optimal health of your eyes and promote vision clarity. Some tips include:
- Eat a healthy diet consisting of foods that are great for the eyes, such as carrots, vegetables, fish, etc.
- Stay hydrated
- Get regular eye exams. It is common to ignore regular eye examinations. However, are you aware that some diseases can be detected through an eye exam? This is yet another reason not to overlook it.
- Use of eye antioxidants: This can be in the form of supplements that enhance vision clarity and help slow the progression of eye conditions. NATURE’S FIELD EYECAP contains powerful eye antioxidants that do just that!
There is a clear connection between digestive issues and eye diseases. By addressing any underlying digestive issues and following the tips mentioned above, you can achieve and maintain optimal eye health. NATURE’S FIELD EYECAP is there to help you take control of your eye health.