Are you aware that melatonin is one of the most powerful antioxidants that triggers other antioxidants in the body? You, like everyone else, associate benefits of melatonin with sleep promotion, but it does much more than that. In this article, you’ll know other details about melatonin and what it does.
FORMS OF MELATONIN
There are two forms of melatonin in the body: the type present in your circulatory system(produced in the pineal gland in the brain) and another type inside your cells that protects against oxidative stress caused by free radicals.
The melatonin inside your cells is the great majority of the total melatonin in your body. Thus, it provides incredible antioxidant benefits. Another incredible fact is that the sun is the largest stimulus for the melatonin in your cells. Therefore, this antioxidant can be produced by exposure to the sun.
The following are the other benefits of melatonin that you probably haven’t heard of:
1. Immune support: Melatonin helps revitalize an old and damaged immune system by increasing the function of T-cells, which are the major soldiers of your immune system that fight pathogens and protect you from diseases.
2. It has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory functions.
3. It has neuroprotective properties and helps with memory.
4. Melatonin helps to decrease gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GERD, commonly known as acid reflux, occurs when acid comes up through the esophagus from the stomach. You might be wondering how melatonin helps with GERD. This is how it works:
Melatonin strengthens the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), a group of muscles that prevents the contents of your stomach from moving back up and burning the lining of your esophagus. By strengthening the LES, it reduces acid reflux.
5. It helps to reduce anxiety and depression: A good night’s sleep can make all the difference when it comes to depression and anxiety. The effect that melatonin has on the body plays an essential role in promoting sleep. Hence, this hormone can be vital for reducing depression symptoms.
HOW TO IMPROVE MELATONIN LEVELS IN THE BODY
- Ensure to sleep in darkness and avoid blue light from the phone.
- Avoid eating heavy meals before bed.
- Supplement with melatonin: If you find yourself cranky with daytime drowsiness, then NATURE’S FIELD MELATONIN is your solution.
- Don’t spend hours watching TV before bed.
The effect of melatonin on the body can be profound, and there’s no denying the value of quality rest in improving overall health. Melatonin not only aids sleep but also offers other astonishing benefits. Melatonin is a comparatively underrated hormone with the incredible potential mentioned above. This is why you should go for NATURE’S FIELD MELATONIN to experience the full benefits of this amazing hormone.