You might be familiar with osteoarthritis and the pain and swelling that come with it (especially if someone you know is currently experiencing it). Click here to find out the hidden causes of osteoarthritis: https://www.naturesfieldng.com/2023/03/03/hidden-causes-of-osteoarthritis-and-treatment-you-should-know/
However, are you aware that there is a severe form of arthritis that can kill if not treated or controlled? This type of arthritis can originate from an infection in the body and is more common in children and the elderly. Your body’s immune response to an infection can also cause it. The worst part is that it can spread to virtually all organs and cause irreparable damage. This describes none other than septic arthritis.
WHAT EXACTLY IS SEPTIC ARTHRITIS?
From the onset, this condition has little or nothing to do with arthritis. This is because it starts with a condition called sepsis, which happens when your body unusually responds to infection. Typically, in sepsis, your immune system overreacts to an infection and begins to cause damage to your organs and tissues. Bacteria or viruses can enter your body and spread to the joints through the bloodstream, leading to septic arthritis. This causes pain and inflammation in the affected joints and reduces their mobility and proper functioning.
WHAT ARE THE RISK FACTORS?
- Existing Joint problems: People who have osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. are at risk of developing septic arthritis. This is because if you already have inflammation in your joints, there is a greater risk of becoming infected by the organism that causes septic arthritis.
- Skin wounds: Open wounds in the skin can cause pathogens to enter the body, spread, and cause infection.
- Weak immunity: People with a weak immune system and conditions such as diabetes, kidney problems, etc. are at risk of developing this condition.
- Alcohol: Have you ever been told not to take alcohol with certain medications? This is because since both alcohol and drugs are metabolized in the liver, taking both at once can put extra pressure on the liver and speed up liver damage. Also, alcohol can cause dehydration, leading to a reduction in joint lubrication, worsening joint pain, and eventually septic arthritis.
HOW CAN SEPTIC ARTHRITIS CAUSE DEATH?
Septic arthritis can be life-threatening because different organisms can cause this condition, resulting in rapid and irreparable damage to the joint if not controlled. Additionally, if the infection gets into the bloodstream, blood flow to the vital organs decreases. This can make the heart try to compensate by pumping more blood, which further weakens the heart. As a result, the heart pumps less blood and can gradually shut down.
HOW CAN SEPTIC ARTHRITIS BE AVOIDED?
The following remedies help to avoid this deadly condition: They include;
- Take care of your joints: Whether or not you have a joint condition, you must ensure your joints are in good shape. You can do this by maintaining a healthy weight, consuming a healthy diet, doing low-impact exercises, and quitting smoking. You can also get extra help by using NATURE’S FIELD JOINT RENEW ADVANCED POWDER to maintain the mobility and strength of your joints. This is an all-in-one highly potent product expertly manufactured with constituents like glucosamine, Vitamin C, collagen, chondroitin sulfate, and MSM, which work together to maintain the health of your joints.
- Avoid injuries: While some accidents are inevitable, try to avoid injuries by taking preventive steps such as avoiding activities that could put undue pressure on your joints. Avoiding injuries significantly reduces the risk of developing arthritis, which can become septic and cause havoc in the body.
- Stay hydrated: Here goes another reason to drink more water: prevention of arthritis. When you are dehydrated, the cartilage easily gets damaged by wear and tear as it has dried out. This can lead to other types of arthritis, including arthritis of the spine.
Although septic arthritis sounds scary, it is avoidable once you take precautions. Joint pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis can be excruciating; imagine how much worse septic arthritis can be! Preventive is always better than curative, so have your joints thank you now and always by taking great care of them and getting assistance with NATURE’S FIELD JOINT RENEW ADVANCED POWDER.