Whey protein has gained immense popularity due to its numerous health benefits. Most people always think that whey protein is only meant for muscle buildup and weight loss. The fact is that whey protein has other surprising benefits that places it as the best when compared to any other form of protein.
There is a saying that all men are created equal but all proteins are not. This is why we want to highlight why whey protein is the best protein to meet your protein needs. Whey protein is a high-quality, easily absorbable source of protein. It is considered a complete protein meal as it comprises all 9 essential amino acids. There are three main types of whey protein;
Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC):
This is the most common whey protein and the least processed form of whey protein with a higher concentration of fat and carbohydrate.
Whey Protein Isolate (WPI):
This contains 85-90% protein. It contains very low lactose, fats, and carbohydrates.
This type of whey protein is free from fats, carbohydrates, and lactose and contains the highest protein content. It is the easiest to digest.
Reasons why whey protein is the best form of protein;
- It contains a high level of leucine which plays a major role in promoting muscle growth and recovery after high-intensity exercises. Leucine also helps to prevent insulin resistance. Whey protein contains bioactive peptides that help reduce inflammation and improve blood vessel function which helps improve heart health.
- Taking whey protein, which is rich in the amino acid cysteine, can raise glutathione levels which is a powerful antioxidant.
- One of the best whey protein benefits is boosting immunity. It helps to improve immune response and fight infection because it contains 2 peptides which are alpha-lactalbumin and beta-globulin.
- Whey protein comes from cow’s milk and is a great natural protein for building and repairing your muscle in addition to its potent anti-inflammatory functions.
- Another exceptional attribute of whey protein that distinguishes it from other types of protein like casein protein is the fact that it is easily digestible and highly absorbable which makes it the number one recommendation for people recovering from critical illness and needing to add protein to their diet.
- Tryptophan which is an essential amino acid is also found in whey protein. This amino acid increases brain function under stress and helps the body to produce melatonin and serotonin. Melatonin is known to regulate the sleep cycle while serotonin regulates mood, cognition, pain, etc.
Getting enough quality protein in your diet is very important. Therefore, incorporating high-quality whey protein powder is a great way to consume more protein without adding excess calories to your diet. Nature’s Field Whey Protein contains the highly recommended types of whey protein; whey protein isolate and concentrate is the best option to increase your protein intake while safeguarding your health and nutritional requirements.