The best way to think of the way our hair grows is to picture a ‘Plant’. How well a plant grows is completely determined by the soil.
Despite the fact that men are more prone to hair loss problems, men are also likely to lose hair or experience hair thinning most women notice it from their early 50’s to their late 60’s.
Stages of hair growth
The human hair grows in three different cycles: anagen, catagen, and telogen.
- Anagen phase: This phase is also known as the “active phase” of the hair. The cells in the roots of the hair are dividing rapidly, this phase mostly occurs in the growth of hairs on the head and lasts from two to eight years.
- Catagen cycle (Transition phase): This phase starts at the end of anagen phase, and has a duration of 10days. With this phase comes shrinkage in hair follicles and hair growth slows. The hair also separates from the bottom of the hair follicle, but remains in place during its final days of growing.
- Telogen phase: During this phase, the hair rests and this phase takes two to four months.
Most people lose anywhere from 50 to 100 strands of hair each day, according to the American Academy of Dermatology (WebMD). On the days when hair is washed, people can lose up to 250 strands, Roberts said (WebMD).
Major causes of hair loss
There are many factors that lead to hair loss in both men and women, these causes are:
- Hairstyle pull on your scalp: wearing your hair tightly pulled back, the continual pulling can lead to permanent hair loss. The medical name for this condition is ‘traction alopecia’.
- Hormonal imbalance: A major cause of this imbalance is polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). This leads to cysts on a woman’s ovaries, alongside other signs and symptoms, which can include hair loss.
· Scalp infection: Scalp infection can lead to scaly and sometimes inflamed areas on your scalp. Most times what appears like a small black dot is visible on your scalp. Some people may develop a bald spot.
· Medication: A possible side effect of some medications is hair loss (e.g. Chemotherapy).
· Too little biotin, iron, protein, or zinc: Deficiency in biotin, zinc, and iron can cause hair loss and may also damage any remaining hair, causing thinning and breakage of hair. Protein deficiency causes the body to save protein by shifting growing hair into the telogen phase (resting phase) which leads to increased hair shedding and can occur 2-3 months later.
Remedies for hair loss in men and women
· Start a dietary supplement: One of the most effective remedies for hair loss involves taking natural supplements rich in vitamins and minerals such as zinc, biotin, and fish oil. Zinc is highly effective in preventing and treating hair loss because it keeps hormone levels regulated. Biotin stimulates the production of keratin in hair and can enhance the rate of follicle growth. It also helps in preventing various health problems like hair loss, dandruff, scalp itchiness, etc. In addition, omega-fatty acids can help improve your hair from the inside, since they are rich in nutrients and proteins. All these vitamins and so much more you can find in Nature’s Field Beautysure. This product is strongly recommended because it also contains Vitamin B7 which supports hair health, strengthens your hair, and adds shine to it!
· Massage: Massaging the scalp with hair oils and a mask stimulates the scalp and improves hair thickness. Stretching during the massage supports air growth and thickens hair follicles. These cells play a major role in hair formation, hair growth, the shedding and regrowth cycle.
· Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera has long been proven to treat hair loss and soothe scalp and hair conditions. It reduces dandruff as well as inblock hair follicles that may be blocked by excess oil.
· Coconut oil: Contains fatty acid called lauric acid. This acid penetrates inside the air shaft and reduces protein loss from hair. Coconut oil can be used either before or after you wash hair type, if your hair is oily, an overnight leave-in treatment is recommended or a few hours before you wash it.
Hair loss can happen to anyone and come in different ways. Hence, you should do everything viably possible to take good care of your hair because let’s face it, the hair, skin, and nails are the signatures of beauty in almost every woman. Instead of stressing and trying different things that can be harmful to your hair, why not go for Nature’s field Beautysure and continue to be beautiful both on the inside and outside.