In this article, we will consider the effects of natural supplements like Nature’s Field Prostate Defence on enlarged prostate. The prostate is a muscular gland that weighs about 20 grams. It is a part of the male reproductive system that wraps around the male urethra near the bladder. The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ whose main function is to secrete prostate fluid, a component of semen. The muscles of the prostate gland help to propel this seminal fluid into the urethra during ejaculation.
Disorders of the Prostate
- Prostatitis: Inflammation of the prostate, sometimes caused by infection. In some cases, it is treated with antibiotics.
- Enlarged prostate: Called benign prostatic hypertrophy or BPH, prostate growth affects virtually all men over 50. Symptoms of difficult urination tend to increase with age. Medicines or surgery can treat BPH.
- Prostate cancer: It’s the most common form of cancer in men (besides skin cancer), but only one in 35 men die from prostate cancer. Surgery, radiation, hormone therapy, and chemotherapy can be used to treat prostate cancer. Some men choose to delay treatment, which is called watchful waiting.
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH):
BPH is a non-cancerous increase in the size of the prostate. BPH involves hyperplasia of prostatic stromal and epithelial cells, resulting in the formation of large, fairly discrete nodules in the transition zone of the prostate.
When the prostate enlarges, it may constrict the flow of urine. Nerves within the prostate and bladder may also play a role in causing the following common symptoms:
- Urinary frequency and Urinary urgency
- Nocturia. This is a feeling of needing to get up frequently at night to urinate
- Hesitancy. Difficulty initiating the urinary stream; interrupted, weak stream
- Incomplete bladder emptying. The feeling of persistent residual urine, regardless of the frequency of urination
- Straining. The need strain or push (Valsalva maneuver) to initiate and maintain urination in order to more fully evacuate the bladder
- Decreased force of the stream. The subjective loss of force of the urinary stream over time
- Dribbling. The Loss of small amounts of urine due to a poor urinary stream as well as weak urinary stream
Treatment of BPH (enlarged prostate)
A wide variety of treatments are available for enlarged prostate, including medication, minimally invasive therapies, and surgery. The best treatment choice for the patient depends on some factors;
1.The size of the prostate
2.Age of the patient
3.The overall health of the patient
4. The amount of discomfort or bother the patient is experiencing
If the symptoms are tolerable, treatment may be postponed. For some men, symptoms can ease without treatment.
Medication for BPH
Common medications used for treating Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) come with some uncomfortable side effects.
- Alpha-blockers. These medications relax bladder neck muscles and muscle fibers in the prostate, making urination easier. Alpha-blockers include alfuzosin (Uroxatral), doxazosin (Cardura), tamsulosin (Flomax) and silodosin (Rapaflo). They usually work quickly in men with relatively small prostates. The side effects include dizziness and a condition in which semen goes back into the bladder instead of out the tip of the penis (retrograde ejaculation)
- 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors. These medications shrink your prostate by preventing hormonal changes that cause prostate growth. They include finasteride (Proscar) and dutasteride (Avodart). They might take up to six months to be effective. The side effects include retrograde ejaculation.
- Combination drug therapy. Your doctor might recommend taking an alpha-blocker and a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor at the same time.
- Tadalafil. Tadalafil which is used to treat erectile dysfunction can also treat prostate enlargement. The side effects include memory problems and blurred vision.
The Prostate Defence® Advantage
Prostate Defence is a formulation of standardized herbal extracts and nutrients (Beta-sitosterol, pygeum, Saw palmetto, Pumpkin, Zinc & more). It is intended to promote normal prostate function and urine flow while protecting against excess estrogen. The effect of Prostate Defence on enlarged prostate is very potent. It helps to maintain a healthy prostate and prevent frequent urination, especially during the night. It reduces pain or discomfort while urinating or ejaculating. The actions of Prostate Defence on enlarged prostate also include managing the feeling of not being able to empty the bladder completely as well as interrupted urine flow.
Scientists discovered that the individual ingredients in Nature’s field Prostate Defence can assist in maintaining prostate health. Prostate Defence supports the health of an aging prostate in a number of ways including supporting urinary tract health and promote normal prostate size. Prostate Defence also helps to regulate normal DHT production. This is an important regulator of prostate growth. It can also help to reduce pelvic discomfort.
You can get your own pack of Prostate Defence. Click http://naturesfieldng.com/product/prostate-defence/. It will be delivered to you within 3-4 days if you are outside Lagos and within 24 hours if you are in Lagos.